Wednesday 16 October 2013

Film poster proposal


Hey fellow internet users.

Proposal for  Creative Media Production Project

Sophie Alysha Masterman
16th October 2013



The working title for my movie poster that I have sketched out is 'You can't run but you Kan hide'. The reason why I have used this as my working title is because in this film there will be two characters called Ben and Kate. Within this film Ben is an obsessive jealous best friend that plots on how he could make sure that Kate will never have a boyfriend ever again so that he can have her all to himself. Ben takes Kate to an old farm shed in the middle of nowhere to make sure that if he can't have Kate then no one can have her. The letter 'K' which is used instead of a 'C' in the word 'Kan' is because it creates a twisted effect to show that the main character Ben is insane. 

The genre of this movie poster that I am creating is Stalker Horror. When analysing the different movie genre posters I came to the decision that I was going to make a Stalker Horror movie poster because of all the different ideas that I have for this category. I thought that this genre would be creative to make an that I was able to make is as scary and creepy looking as possible.

My target audience that I have chosen for my movie poster is ages between 15-55. This type of movie poster would mostly appeal to people that might have thrill by being scared. The age ranting that I am mostly reaching out towards would be 15-25 year old as the main characters in my film would be college children so this would create more of an effect towards them as they are closer to the ages of these character which might create an impact on them that they are these thrilling actors. 

The storyline of this movie poster is Ben and Kate which are best friends that have known each other since Primary school, that are now students in college. As Ben and Kate have grown up knowing each other Kate has never known about Ben's obsessive crush on her, which has coursed him more and more insane about her. He has become highly jealous of any boy that has come anywhere near her in the past and is willing to remove Kate form this worlds so that no one can never come close to her ever again. 

The style of my movie poster is a dark, mysterious, foggy, gritty look, which will give a cold impact on the audience. In the middle of my movie poster I am going to have a picture of an old farm shed as in my film the main setting will be in an old farm shed. 

What I will need to think about in order to not upset social groups would be putting an age restriction of 15, so that there will be no complaints from worried parents that the their children should not be allowed to watch films so terrifying. So that there is no copyright on my poster poster I will be taking picture of old farm sheds myself so that no one can say that that picture has already been used before in something else. I will also edit all of the text which is used on my movie poster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment