Wednesday 16 October 2013

Movie poster Sketches

Hey fellow internet users.

Within my latest post I am going to talk about the three different movie posters that I have sketched out. Each one of these posters are categorised as a Stalker horror.




In this movie poster that I have sketched, I have named it 'The horror behind us'. The reason why I have called this sketch 'The horror behind us' is because I have based this movie poster on a stalker horror. The word 'Horror' and 'Behind' are used for a metaphor of a dangerous stranger. When I do make my movie poster I will make it so that the type face of the word 'Behind' has a blurred effect to give of the impact that when you look behind you, everything from a far becomes blurry as your eyes can not make out images which are long distances away. In my movie poster which is shown above shows an image of an eye that is tangled in the woods, this tells the audiences that the 'Horror' is always watching you where ever you are. 


In the movie poster that is shown above that I have sketched out, I have called it 'He's behind you'  this gives the audience a stereotypical thought on how this film would look like. In the middle of my movie poster I have drawn a strange looking man that has no face, wearing a long black coat. On the right hand corner you can see a hand print. This gives the effect that what ever is behind this man will always start as mystery for the stalker (Man) is always the one that stays behind closed doors. This give the audience the impact to always look behind you when you're alone as even the most keenest stalker will kill you.



In this movie poster that I have sketched out I have called it' You can't run but you kan hide' The reason why I have given the movie poster this name is because I have given it a twisted effect. As in the saying 'You can run but you can't hide' I have changed as in this movie poster there will be two main characters that have been best friends since primary school called Ben and Kate. The character Ben is obsessed with Kate and everything about her, as Kate grows older and starts to have relationships with boys, Ben starts to become more jealous and starts to plot ideas on how he himself could have Kate all to himself. Within this film Ben will plan a camping trip for him and Kate to go on, when they both go out camping Ben ends up taking Kate to an old farm shed which is filled with chainsaws, 22 point riffles, meat cleavers and machete knifes. The reason why I have put 'You can't run' is because When Ben takes Kate into the old farm shed he starts to declare his love to Kate and starts to tell her about his obsession for her and how he's been worrying about that he might lose her because she is rude and a tease and leads on other guys. As Kate starts to panic and realises that the best friend that she has known all her life is not the guy she thought he was as the last chapter of her life has now come in place.





No comments:

Post a Comment