Wednesday 11 December 2013

Magazine cover

Hello fellow internet users.



When creating my magazine cover I used Photoshop. Before I created my magazine cover I needed to find out the measurements for a magazine cover which was 20.88 cm in width and 29.7cm in length.


The first thing thing that I did when making my magazine cover was edit my main focus point. When doing this I used the main picture that I had used in my DVD sleeve. When editing my main picture I used the Magic wand tool to remove the background so that I twas clear to put onto a blank page. once I had scaled my picture to the right size, I then when onto Image, Adjustments then went onto Brightness/ Contrast so that the picture would have more of a dark shine to it. I used colour balance to that I could make the colour of my picture more blue/red.



Once I finished editing my main focus for my magazine cover I then edited the title of my magazine cover. By doing this I used the text tool and used the font Lucida Bright and for the letter C I used the font Future. Then I went onto special effects to give the text a shadow drop. 



Once I edited the title of my magazine cover I then worked on the extra bits of text that I needed for my cover, this is so the audience will know what kind of magazine it is and what you will be able to read inside the magazine. For this I used the font Lucida Grande. I then used Special effects to give the text a shadow drop so that the text did not become lost within the background. 

The final thing that I did when creating my magazine cover was adding a bar code from the corner of the cover. When doing this I needed to scale the bar code to size so that it didn't look too big on my cover. I also taken a picture from Google of the film Home front. Once I scaled the picture to size I then used the paint brush tool and painted the bottom of the picture red so that the american flag become more bold. 



No comments:

Post a Comment