Tuesday 7 January 2014

Evaluation Magazine cover

Hello fellow internet users.

When creating my final product the Magazine cover I first started researching and analysing previous film magazine covers such as Empire and Total film. I looked at the similarities and the differences of these different magazine covers. I also analysed where the main focus of the magazine cover is, the main title of the magazine cover and the text for example on the Empire magazine cover it tells the audience that there is a "Massive preview special" and then in smaller writing underneath shows "45 new movies you need to know about right now"  this gives the audience a preview of what you will be reading about inside the magazine.

My final product is a film magazine cover, I have named my final piece Cinimer. When I first starting designing my magazine cover on Photoshop I had problems with the text on my background. The way how I had solved my problem was by making my text much bolder and used the special effect Shadow drop so that you way able to read the writing without it contracting with the background picture.

When creating the magazine cover I feel that best features of this magazine cover would be how I have placed the main focus point as I have lighten up his face and his body but darkened the side of his face to give the audience the impression that this character is not a friendly person and he was a dark side towards him that not everyone can see.

The thing's that I feel went bad when creating the magazine cover would be the text on the cover. The black text behind the bold red strip can be slightly difficult to read if the person that is reading it is slightly far away, for example if someone is going into the shop to buy something and pass the magazine aisle they might not realise that the magazine tells the audience that the stories that are inside this magazine has an exclusive story about the new film You can't run but you kan hide.

If I was to re create this magian cover again I would change the colour's of the title face and change the positioning of the text so that the text isn't so close to the edge, as when the magazine cover is printed the text might become but of the page making it impossible for the audience to read. I would do this by chaining the size of the font so that it doesn't cover the face of the main focus point. 

The differences and similarities that my magazine cover has to other magazine covers for example Total film is that I have used the same style as Total film by making my main focus in the centre of my page. Also when designing my cover I used the same technique of having the name of my main focus beneath my character in the center with the ad World exclusive above inside a dark red box. The differences that my magazine cover has to Total film is that with the main title of the cover I have put it in front of my main focus as with the magazine Total film they have put their main title behind their main focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment