Friday 29 November 2013

DVD Sleeve

Hello fellow internet users

When creating my DVD sleeve I used photoshop. Before making my DVD sleeve I needed to find out the measurements from a previous DVD sleeve so that I knew what size to make my template.


Once I measured a previous DVD sleeve I then created my background for my three faces. I did this by using my original picture from my movie poster that I found from Google. To create the background for  the back of my sleeve I used the Rectangular Marquee tool to select the area from the main picture so that I could duplicate the layer. I then rotated the second copy vertically.




Once I finished creating my background for my DVD sleeve I then searched for the different symbols that I needed to put onto my DVD sleeve. For example I needed to put the age certificate onto my sleeve. Before placing the certificate I needed to remove the white background so that it was clear. I did this by using the Magic wand tool, i selected the white background bit by bit to delete it. 


The third thing that I did when creating my DVD sleeve was place the title of my film onto the front and the spine of my sleeve. On the front of my DVD sleeve I have used the original positioning that I have used on my movie poster. When placing my title onto the spine of my sleeve I needed to change the writing to white so that the writing did not disappear within the background. I did this my using the paint brush and painting over it. I then rotated the text and scaled it to size so that I would lie within the spine.



Once I positioned the title of my film I then Placed my main character onto my sleeve. When editing my characters i used the Magic wand tool and selected the white background of my characters. Once I selected the part that I wanted to remove I then Inverted so that it would then remove the background and not the actual picture. Once I had used the Magic wand tool to delete the background I then used the rubber to smoothen the edges and to make sure that I haven't left and parts in the background. 


Once I had finished editing my characters and placed them onto my sleeve I then edited my blurb so that the size and the colour of my blurb didn't become lost in my background so that the audience is able to read it when they turn to the back of my sleeve. I also had to edit the writing of my blurb as I installed the blurb from my colleges learning box. 


Once I finished positioning everything I then wrote out the extra pieces for my DVD sleeve sleeve. I created different shaded boxes from my Special features, the Sound track and for Subtitles that you can get on my DVD. I also wrote out a small description about my film and used the font Futura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment